Monday 12 August 2013

Gunslingers - Massacre-Rock Deviant Inquisitors.

Gunslingers - Massacre-Rock Deviant Inquisitors (Riot Season)
This time I am record reviewing a record from Gunslingers who are a loud rock band with three people in it from france. The music from this Gunslingers record was sent to me from Andy from the record label Riot Season so I'd like to thank him for that and I hope he likes the review. I've done a few Riot Season reviews now of bands like Hey Colossus and Acid Mothers Temple and they are always really noisy rock bands because that's the sort of band that Riot Season deals with and I always enjoyed listening to them because I like noisy rock music so I am looking forward very much to doing this review.
             Gunslingers are a very noisy band indeed and on this record they do two songs (one on each side) called Massacre-Rock Deviant Inquisitors (part one) and Massacre-Rock Deviant Inquisitors (part two) and they are quite long songs because they are nearly ten minutes each. The record starts off on side one with a short quiet noise but then the guitars and drums get started and it gave me a bit of a shock cos everything started all at once really quickly. When I heard the name Gunslingers I thought of Cowboys and that made me think of Country and Western music like Dolly Parton and Hank Locklin but this isn't Country and Western at all because Country and Western isn't really noisy music and in Country and Western music you can work out what they are singing but on this music the voice sounds all weird like a person out of a cartoon like Woody Woodpecker  and you can't really make out what the words are because they are a bit fast but I think they are in English and not French because thought I heard the words I don't give a damn in it somewhere near the middle - I liked this way of singing though because it's a bit different and a bit funny.
Thumbs up to Gunslingers and to Andy.
               The music on this record is a bit different and funny too and I thought it sounded like 60's and 70's rock bands like The Who or Jimi Hendrix but a bit faster and a bit crazier; I think this is very crazy music indeed and that Gunslingers must be crazy people to make music like this but I think that's ok - The reason that I think this is crazy music is that all the way through it sounds like they are going a bit mad and making as much loud, fast noisy music as they can all at once.
                The other song on the other side is pretty much the same and it starts off all noisy and fast and rocky and then it stays that way all the way through till everything is over. I think this is ok though because it is very exciting music that moves about and it is also very rocking and I think it must have been a lot of fun to make this music and if I was ever in a band I think I'd like to be in a band like this.
                 Overall I think I would say that this is very good music by a very good, interesting band and I think everyone should listen to it because I bet they would like it because it doesn't really sound like other rock bands. You can hear what this record sounds like by watching the video below. I would give this record 10 out of 10.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment